A 45-year-old man charged with manslaughter after being involved in a fatal hit and run is due to stand trial at Paphos Criminal Court on Monday.
Paphos Directorate of Criminal Investigation and police spokesman Michalis Nikolaou said the suspect will remain in custody until the first criminal court hearing on February 24.
He has been charged with attempted murder and leaving the scene without assistance. Police have arrested a man following a fatal crash in Paphos last week.
A motorcycle driven by a 58-year-old man crashed on January 21 around 2:00 a.m. Kings Boulevard Tombs of the Boulevard collided with a car driven by a 45-year-old man before the latter got out of the vehicle.
The victim was taken to the hospital, where doctors confirmed his death.
Read Also: Cyprus: Drunk driver who caused fatal traffic accident sentenced to Jail
Later, police arrested the 45-year-old driver at his home. Burglary tools were also found on him. The police investigation revealed that the suspect and the victim had previously been together in a bar, where an argument allegedly took place.
After that, the suspect waited for the victim at the bar, and when the 58-year-old man left on a moped, he followed him and hit him on purpose, Nikolau says. The two are understood to have had confrontations in the past.